If your session manager can only do 24x80, then I hope it's free, because
it's almost worthless.  Lacking much information, my guess is that it's an
admin problem.  I was a systems programmer long ago, and supported VTAM,
TPX and NetView.  >20 years ago they had no issue with any screen size
(inc. e.g. 48 x 120, one I liked).

sas