Hi Jerry,

I'm an emacs man too (for unix work at least). Have you seen this, I
wonder?

https://github.com/cneira/jes-emacs

To be honest, it was this thread that prompted me to see if anyone had
coerced emacs into talking to z/OS, and this was pretty much the only
thing I found. I thought the whole emacs->z/OS thing seemed feasible
(eg. via tramp or something) albeit potentially a fair amount of work...

Lee.