From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:03 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Software Delivery on Tape to be Discontinued

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 10:58:16 +1000, Andrew Rowley <and...@blackhillsoftware.com>
wrote:
>How do I verify that the key that I see browsing your website is really
>yours and hasn't been e.g. substituted in transit? Key exchange is the
>hardest bit of cryptography.

Because you accessed the web site via https://, causing the transmission of the
key to be encrypted and tamper-proof.  Further, Charles' web site uses a
certificate published by a Certificate Authority that YOU trust.  Or more
precisely, he uses a CA that the vendor of your browser trusts.  You trust your
vendor implicitly by using their browser.