On 5/04/2018 11:54 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
I believe so but, answering Andrew's question, the signature on messages he
sends
is encrypted using Andrew's private key which he does not disclose even to the
CA.
The recipient verifies the signature using the public key obtained from the CA.

Not quite - the recipient verifies the signature using my public key, provided by me in the certificate.

They verify that the certificate I provide is genuine by checking the certificate signature using the public key from the CA.

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software