Without wishing to open a can of worms, I can say there are several
program-related items I’d love to see in SMF 30 (or similar).

For example, today we have the Top TCB Program Name and Percent in SMF 30.
I’d love to have “top 3” or “top 5”.

But I digress... :-)

Sent from my iPad

<brian.peterson.ibm.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom, good points.
>
> However, I've been working with the SMF data, and have to say it's not
very helpful. Similar in fact to the system-level health check. The SMF
record only says that User Key common storage was allocated by some program
in this address space.

> But which program in this address  space did it? The SMF record doesn't
say.

> We have third party vendor code who's programs run in a variety of
address spaces. Is it the address space flagged by the SMF record, or is
the culprit actually a third party product that interjects it's code into
the "victim" or target address space? The SMF record doesn't say.

> Back some years ago, when we were cleaning up obsolete/ancient console
identifiers, I seem to recall a console tracker facility that gave us
actual honest to god program names.

> How about something like that?
>
> Brian

>Unless stated otherwise above: