On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:24:19 +0000 "Ward Able, Grant" <gwarda...@dtcc.com>
wrote:

:>I have an Assembler program linked AMODE(31) RMODE(24). It makes SQL calls
and under some circumstances I will call DSNTIAR to printout the DB2 error &
diagnostic info.
:>The call statement I am using for this is:

:>CALL  DSNTIAR,(SQLCA,(6),LRECL),LINKINST=BASSM,MF=(E,PARM)

:>Yet I am getting an S0C4 abend in DSNTIAR. I thought that using
LINKINST=BASSM would have resolved this for me.
:>Any hints or clues about this?

Why do you believe BASSM was needed? DSNTIAR supports both 24 and 31 bit
callers.

What do you think that BASSM would have resolved for you?

As others have indicated, BASSM would have forced AMODE24 which would
eventually fail when 31 bit storage is accessed.

http://www.dissensoftware.com