Then you should submit an RCF. That is incorrect.

If fact, I cannot think of any AMODE/RMODE combination which it would be valid
as it returns via BR 14.

Well.....  if your program is 24/24 and you load it above the line, and you
wish this convoluted code.....

                         L         15,ep
                         CALL  (15),....,LINKINST=BASSM
                         SAM24 ,