Hi,

For the past week we've had 2 crashes due to one LPAR being hung in a two
SYSPLEX LPAR causing sympathy sickness.

In both cases the indication is $HASP263 message (Checkpoint lock), followed by
*MASTER* pending on the JES2 CKPT volume.

Finally IXC426D to partition the sick LPAR out.

We do not have an SFM policy in effect, no changes done or maintenance applied.

The problem LPAR SYSLOG stops recording approx 10-12 prior to IXC426D message.
NO indication of any issues on problem LPAR.

I wonder if anyone has seen this.

I don't think JES2 is causing this, it is a victim.

Thoughts?

Thanks