Have you taken a SAD of the failed system?

Mark Jacobs

Salah Balboul<mailto:balbo...@att.net>
April 19, 2018 at 10:48 AM
Hi,

For the past week we've had 2 crashes due to one LPAR being hung in a two
SYSPLEX LPAR causing sympathy sickness.

In both cases the indication is $HASP263 message (Checkpoint lock), followed by
*MASTER* pending on the JES2 CKPT volume.

Finally IXC426D to partition the sick LPAR out.

We do not have an SFM policy in effect, no changes done or maintenance applied.

The problem LPAR SYSLOG stops recording approx 10-12 prior to IXC426D message.
NO indication of any issues on problem LPAR.

I wonder if anyone has seen this.

I don't think JES2 is causing this, it is a victim.

Thoughts?

Thanks

send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu<mailto:lists...@listserv.ua.edu> with
the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information or directs you
to login via a link. If you believe this message is a phish or aren't sure whether
this message is trustworthy, please send the original message as an attachment to
'phish...@meredith.com<mailto:phish...@meredith.com>'.

This electronic message, including any attachments, may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). You are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply
e-mail and delete it.