(It's Friday; SPAM is above suspicion.)

On Fri, 25 May 2018 16:41:56 +0000, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:

>I don't see any problem with the BYPASS statement except that it's needlessly
>specific. BYPASS(HOLDSYSTEM) without the list of types should not only
>suffice--it does for me--but also hedges against the addition of some new
>holdsys type that you also want to bypass but overlooked in the inventory.

OTOH, if a new holdsys type appears it might bear investigation.

>Coincidentally we're also working an SR for a different link edit problem with
>a System Automation module. Truth is, as good as SMP/E is, it cannot overcome
>packaging errors.

No, testing by the supplier should do that.  But the cafeteria-style service
allowed by SMP/E may make it impractical that a customer could install.

And I know of a case (ISV, not IBM) where a PTF passed testing only
because of a dirty target zone.  The problem was first detected in the field.

-- gil