From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Kirk Wolf <k...@dovetail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Would SHARE kindly kick IBM in the ass for what the've done with
their web content?

This may have been said before, but if IBM wanted to remove stuff, the
appropriate way is to:

1) use robots.txt or equivalent to exclude the to-be-deleted documents from
search indexes
2) wait some period of time for crawlers to re-index
3) Remove the pages

Google in particular I believe has some tools that you can use to
pro-actively remove pages from their indexes.   If they aren't bring these
pages back, then this is what they should do to clean up the mess that they
have made.

Dealing with search indexes is something that professional web site
publishers should know how to do.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://secure-web.cisco.com/1k7juFj0i6xddswkmI_nEVdWuZc0OR6cgXJv1oKj32Zlqy1FVfRQVU-R1YkVedK6r71H00sd3Q7YKGwnGsogG6oASFz3bjIEkCNMSNJdt5SRdprjUSjPbJSSFiXMmSY8KS_jFvNy22z1kHhaHfIguCItILsxosVz1qNqefKApWeOvkhyv03t8aldu8B0_B89VaLkcU4t17A98ZpfOswahhEj0mBxftpRqUkB7K7DtrBuDK5IA94XG7nPM8-DVCNZv6IUdhpInQ2_syNwhYWg5ecGSV4mw-cnsREQln3TfqzdIxylFKti2SoSG28mu8MshiHNRNgupptl3saqWnPso_BC3uCga9NFglwaWG4WAJxNFHMixfkEA3aHB3OrdVcDI_3TWR88OHXZGyXzn0Oggudd69OLDWWtqMEME4sKjp_acvoQzABM6raXnXXQeAVtd/http%3A%2F%2Fdovetail.com