>Even if you have a z/OS 2.1 manual, some PTFs do add features or
command or document changes to older versions, and they only update
the newest manual.

Very good point! I strongly prefer to read PDFs over KC web pages when I need
to read more than a few paragraphs. However, with the change to continuous
delivery, online documentation, being up to date, is required.

I have a couple of gigabytes of z/OS related PDFs on my workstation, and on my
iPad. However, I always look up the newest issue on the web when something
looks odd. Maybe a PTF has introduced new behaviour.

--
Peter Hunkeler