Scott Ford wrote:
>As a ISV we look at the cost to the customer of a product, so this is why
>was asking cost of CICS Liberty and realizing after
>40+ yrs there aren’t many freebies nowadays.

Just in case I wasn't clear, CICS Transaction Server Version 5.x for z/OS
licensees are (also) licensed for CICS Liberty, at no additional charge.
It's an included, standard, supported feature in the base CICS TS product.

[ As it happens, there are a couple no charge CICS TS licenses available
for specific use cases: the Developer Trial and the Open Beta. Details
here:

https://www.ibm.com/it-infrastructure/z/cics/trials ]

Open Liberty is also available at no charge here:

https://www.openliberty.io

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM Z & LinuxONE,
Multi-Geography
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com