Matt,

Thanks for the extended and detailed response.  There are many of us out here
who are still wondering what this project really is.

First, a caution: Please, please define your acronyms the first time you use
them.  E.G., what is JWT?  Most of us (well, this application programmer in
particular) have no idea what that is.  Java Work Tooling?  I am left to guess.

Another couple of examples: "HTML5 enabled desktop".  Does that mean code that
runs in a browser on my desktop?  "WebSocket enabled APIs"? Same question.

I thought I grokked this one: "JES Explorer (GUI to interact with JES much like
a Finder or Explorer on Windows would work" until the next sentence: "web
interface that doesn’t require 3270 to submit, etc.".  Again, does that mean a
separate program like Windows Explorer, or just a new browser interface?

It would help greatly if there was a video demonstration of these capabilities.
 Did any of the Zowe presentations at SHARE include live online demonstrations
of already-available capabilities, and if so are those video's available
through SHARE or on the Zowe website?

For the application programmer (not for the systems gurus who maintain the
environment) what is the experience intended to be?  I'm not from anywhere near
Missouri, but I really need to be shown how what Zowe is touting could help me
in my everyday work.

If I understand it, perhaps I can make a case to my management.  But first I
have to understand it.

Still somewhat confused . . .

Peter