On 5/13/19 9:25 AM, Seymour J Metz wrote:
SPARC? I was shocked when I found out that the failure of a sing processor could bring Solaris down.

It really depends on the machine.

Some machines are meant to allow processors to fail, be replaced, be added, and brought online while the workload continues.

The SPARC Enterprise 10000 (Starfire) comes to mind.

I suspect that a System 360 would have had major problems if the ""processor failed.

Most Open Systems are not designed with the ability for Online Insertion and Removal of components, including processor and memory. Some are.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die