On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 11:24 AM Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> > Why is FIX=LONG unnecessary?
>
> Because SP 223 is already/always fixed?

Ah, yes. I am going not so slowly crazy (co-worker is bothering me wanting
unnecessary changes to some production backups -- why on Friday I don't
know -- he's bored too.). I am not sure I really want to use  223 because
it is key 0 fetch protected. So I will need to either go key 0 to do some
moves, or use something like MVCK, MVCSK, or MVCOS. All of which would
require me to put key 0 into the PKM. Which I don't see any easy way to do
(No SETPKM function that I can see). Instead, I might just go with a
"weird" subpool like 230 (private high, user key, not fetch protected). Or,
as usual, I am probably over thinking this because the program doesn't
really interface with any other user code.