I am by no means an expert on this stuff. Whenever I have to touch my code I
have the MVS and PoOp manuals open, close at hand, and in some cases, printed
out and highlighted.

> not fetch protected

Not fetch protected has fallen way out of fashion! It is generally considered a
security no-no these days. Look at all of the recent MVS APAR activity in that
regard. In "version 1" of my product I buffered SMF records in
non-fetch-protected storage. What's the big deal? The data was only there for a
few seconds at most. It's not like SMF records have credit card numbers in them
or anything. Wrong! But no one ever complained. Nonetheless, "version 2" moved
the buffering to fetch-protected storage. I don't know what MVSCPCMD does (I
can guess!) but I suspect again it is "not like it contains credit card numbers
or anything" but who knows what some bad guy find useful for a hack, or some
customer will find offends their sense of security?

I don't have that subpool table in front of me but I assume you have looked
through it and considered every pool.

Wouldn't running in supervisor state solve the PKM problem? (And I don't have
the PoOp open in front of me, so perhaps I am off base.)

Charles