From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Brian Westerman
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2019 11:10 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXT] Re: z/OS 2.1 to 2.4 [EXTERNAL]

ASM is Adabas Parallel Services, I'm not sure why they didn't call it APS, but
possibly they already had one by that name.

ASM provides Compression, decompression, format buffer translation, sorting,
retrieving, searching and updating operations all occur in parallel. So it
gives better distribution of your workload across the available processors.

You might already be running it and just don't know it, or just don't have the
extra address space running that Natural will need.

Brian