On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:04 AM Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> I can't find any documentation in KC on how to customize the size of the
> workarea in SMPRMxx or what the minimum size of the area is.
> </snip>
>
> The size is not customizable. 1024 is the size. The commentary on
> SMXP_WORKAREA_LENGTH ought to say so (but doesn't, currently -- it will in
> the future).
> If the size were to change in the future (there are no plans to do so),
> then 1024 would be the minimum.
>
> Peter Relson
> z/OS Core Technology Design

When is this area obtained and freed? I.e. is this area unique for each
invocation of IEFU86, or unique for each individual record, or "global".
I'm wondering if I can put something in it on one invocation of IEFU86 and
access it in a different invocation.

--
I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go
into the library and read a good book

Maranatha! <><
John McKown