Peter,

I agree, since I have been around IBM hardware/software 40+ yrs. My chief
complaint is samples. I came up through the ranks the hardway, OJT (on the
Job Training ), night school
while i was in Operations. So I spend a lot of time digging for examples.
Recently, a good example , I am working with another Vendor's exit which i
am very familiar with and it is re-entrant. I understand the re-entrant
part but
I have to add displays ( WTOs ). I dont have complaints again IBM, rarely,
best people I ever worked with, my issue is howtos. Working examples which
I can refer to and understand
(prototype) before I start writing code. When to use the execute form of
the macro vs list, also let me add I was never an applications program, i
was an am a Systems Programmer, so
that slants things a tad. Can you offer or anyone offer a place to start
looking for examples when one gets into a situation like exits and wtos ..??

Respectfully,
Scott

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 8:07 AM Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> The way information in various manuals , including IBM and CA has changed.
> I see it as being structured for the less technical individuals.
> </snip>
>
> Care to provide some examples within the IBM manuals? The presentation of
> information in z/OS technical publications is largely unchanged for a very
> long time (aside from the recent change from the SMIC to the RURS for
> those who are aware of those acronyms).
>
> Peter Relson
> z/OS Core Technology Design

*IDMWORKS *

Scott Ford

z/OS Dev.

“By elevating a friend or Collegue you elevate yourself, by demeaning a
friend or collegue you demean yourself”

www.idmworks.com

scott.f...@idmworks.com

Blog: www.idmworks.com/blog

*The information contained in this email message and any attachment may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any
printout thereof.*