On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 08:20:47 AM PST, scott Ford
<idfli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My big issue I was at the mercy of CA code. Not blaming them,
> but it’s a CA product and I wished their doc was better.

If you are talking about the security exit samples, then they accomplished the
desired results by discouraging it's use. This is not an exit to learn about
coding exits. For high risk exits, never expect anything more than the basics
(control blocks, return codes and something trivial that does nothing). They
gave you the gun but don't expect them to load it for you.
  Creating a sample that covers everything you need to know is impossible. SAF
calls can occur in almost any type of environment. You can cripple your system
if you don't have recovery correct. You can cripple your system if you use a
macro that is not valid for every environment. Have you implemented diagnostic
tools that don't make the problem worse.

Jon.