On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 2:40 PM Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

> Of course it was reentrant, but was it good form? I prefer to protect code
> against wild stores by marking it as r/o.

Total agreement that it is bad form in today's world. For subsystems, there
is the SSCT to anchor things. And, as I do for my re-entrant code: a
Name/Token pair (primary address space level) to hold a 64-bit pointer
(even in 24 or 31 bit mode, I make sure the pointer is 64-bit clean)..

--
People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><