On Thu, 21 Nov 2019, at 20:00, Seymour J Metz wrote:
> Tritus SPF; it is, alas, abandon-ware, but it is able to run ISPF
> dialogs that do not depend on TSO commands or TSO function packages. It
> has regexen, but the syntax is not the same as either ISPF or the major
> PC languages. I would happily pay for an upgrade if the developers
> would revive it, but as I understand it there are legal issues that
> make it unlikely.

Ah, Tritus...    I should have remembered that.

If one Googles for it there's several hits but only on iffy sites that look as
if
they want people to pay to download something, eg
https://pserritirou.tk/family/tritus-spf.php

I also stumbled across

  "Capable Worthy Text Editor"
    http://cwtexteditor.sourceforge.net/index.html

which I don't think I've heard of before - open source - apparently works
under both Windows & Linux/Unix etc via Xâ‹…Window (X11).  It looks like it
has an editor and a files-list/dir / ispf 3.4 utility, but I saw no sign of any
REXX or dialog support.

There's also   uni-SPF etc as described at: http://www.wrkgrp.com/index.html
but I see the website page-footer copyright date is 2013.    I downloaded some
manuals but their production dates are 2002.  Goodness knows if the products
still exist.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.