On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 09:44:18 -0500, Bob Bridges wrote:

>I'm not very active in the IBM-MAIN group; normally I have a rule in Outlook
>that moves its emails to a folder, where I may look at it or may not.  But
>this one got to my In box somehow, and caught my attention.  How is it
>possible to have a lower-case character in a PDS member name?
>
>And even if some combination of moves make it possible, how is it possible to
>do it "carelessly"?

Assembler; typo in a member name in a STOW call.

This shows the folly of designing a user interface to make a case-sensitive
file system appear to be case insensitive.

ISPF prefix commands in a member list manipulate the actual member
with no name munging.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 11:15:38 +0000, Vernooij, Kees (ITOP NM) - KLM wrote:

>In JCL you can put any hexadecimal character in a dsname
>if you enter it between quotes. ..

I'm always perplexed by the apparently restrictive adjective,
"hexadecial".  Of the 256 EBCDIC code points, which are
non-hexadecimal?

-- gil