From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lionel B Dyck
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: COPYING PDS TO PDS ...

While mixed case dataset names, mixed case member names, etc. would be nice,
that would require a major update to z/OS that I don't see IBM doing. At least
with OMVS you can have mixed case directories and file names - and
OEdit/OBrowse work with them - even ISPF Browse/Edit/View will. Then there is
OSHELL and the better UDList (3.17).  Not much else in native ISPF supports the
OMVS.

It is what it is and we work within those constraints. We can hope that someday
IBM will enhance the system for many additional capabilities and if they do I
suspect many of us will be long gone from IT, if not long gone from this planet.