--- Judy Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Things to consider when deciding on a sidepull:
> 
> []  Do you want a browband (some Icelandics need a
> longer browband)
> 
> [] Do you want a jaw strap (helps keep the side
> pieces away from the eyes)
> 
> [] Do you want a flat noseband?  rolled?
> 
> Here's some choices:
> 
> http://iceryder.net/sidepull.html
> 
> 

I am thinking of trying one of these, a jumping
hackamore.

http://www.saddleuptack.com/webcat/items/item880.htm

The thing I like is that you can put your own
headstall on it. I have horses with a wide variety of
head sized, basically the sidepull I have doesn't fit
my mule very well, in fact the noseband was too small
for her and I had to replace the chin strap with a
bigger one. Of course I would have to get the
measurements on this first. I think I would like the
fact that I could put my headstall on this one, it
bothers me that the normal sidepulls are attached to
the headstall. I doubt this would work much
differently than an actual sidepull.

Kim

Reply via email to