--- In [email protected], "Karen Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a couple of the Moss Rock Freedom Bridles, a Nickers' 
Harmony Bridle, combination bridles (Freedom and Harmony) pretty 
well, BUT if you really want to try a sidepull, I'd recommend that 
you get a "real" one. 

-----------Have you tried the Moss Rock Endurance Sidepull yet?  If 
so, what did you think about it?  If I have to buy one "off the 
shelf", I'm thinking of going with that one.  I've still not yet 
heard back from Moss Rock in regards to the custom Sidepull/Freedom 
Bridle cross that I am thinking about.  So I may have to purchase one 
that's already made.

> Because of the way the bit attaches to the bridle, these have to 
fit pretty precisely; else the bit may be put into an awkward 
position in the horse's mouth. 

-------------I likely won't be using a bit with the bridle, but I'm 
not certain about that.  I'm thinking that I'll likely use a separate 
headstall for the bit if I do use one, and it will probably not be a 
full cheek bit either.  Do you think having multiple buckles (on the 
poll, cheeks, jaw, chin & jowl straps) would help resolve this issue? 

> Skjoni's color is hunter green, and since he doesn't need much 
control from his head anyway, his hunter/black Freedom Bridle looks 
awfully sharp on him.

--------------I'm thinking about going with the "Glow" as a secondary 
color.  I'd LOVE to have some sort of reflective material (the stuff 
that looks like it's glowing at night when a car light hits it), but 
the "Glow" would be my second choice.  Blaze Orange would be my 
third - always practical for riding in the fall :-).  Have you seen 
the "Glow" color?  If so, does it really glow in the dark?
 
> Of the "genuine" sidepulls, I like the one that Kaaren Jordan's 
husband makes best - not cheap but wonderful quality.  He made it 
such that it fits my "average" Icelandics, and I've been able to 
adjust it to fit little Sina all the way up to Falki and Tivar - it 
might even go bigger.  

---------------Boy, is that ever a very nice looking sidepull!  Is it 
the most adjustable of the ones you've tried?

And do you find that the cues are a bit "finer tuned" in a sidepull 
versus riding in just a "plain old halter"?  I find the halters that 
we are riding in to be pretty sloppy as far and how much they twist 
and turn on the horses heads.  The cue just can't be as accurate when 
the tack slips and slides around on the horse's head.  I'd prefer to 
have something more stabile and thus, the communication finer than a 
halter.  I'm hoping a sidepull will accomplish this.

Dawn B.S.

Reply via email to