On 3/9/07 3:44 PM, "Judy Ryder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Another perspective from an anonymous poster:
> 
> There is so much written about the culicoides allergies in Icelandic horses
> that I think when a horse begins to exhibit allergic symptoms, it is often
> assumed to be the "curse of the culicoides" and the hand-wringing begins.
> This story perhaps puts a different perspective on the problem. The first
> Icelandic horse that we bought for my husband was unaffected, so it was not
> something that I focused on when I began to look for one for myself. In
> March of 2001 I found a beautiful black gelding that had been imported the
> previous November. He was a svartur and absolutely stunning. I left him at
> the farm to finish his training and ended up taking him after we returned
> from Spain in late July. He was in beautiful condition and showed no
> symptoms of allergies.

Thank you, anonymous poster:

For taking the time to write up your story. This will be helpful to many of
us.

I considered having an Erisa run at some point in the past but was told by
several people that desensitizing does not help and not to waste my money.
I do not use daily dewormers because I just cannot believe that they do not
stress the horses. We also have large pastures that are harrowed regularly;
so I think Ivermectin every three months is enough.

Your story convinces me that perhaps I should have en Erisa run after all.

Thank you,

Anneliese


Reply via email to