>>> Finally the results came back and while he was borderline reactive to
inhaling spores of nearly everything that had leaves in addition to some
molds, he tested on the low side of normal to culicoides.

Thanks for posting that one, Judy.   I seem to remember hearing that too -
that not all "SE" is actually caused so much by the cullicoides as by a
bombardment of many minor allergies.  When you think of it, that's
understandable - isn't it?  That horses born in such a drastically different
climate/environment as between, say,  the southern USA and Iceland might
also lack immunities to other allergens too? Sheesh, I'm suffering from the
maple tree blooms now - I'd bet there aren't maple trees in Iceland...there
are barely any trees.

Won't that make it harder for a single vaccine to work for all cases of SE,
in all horses, in all parts of the world outside Iceland?   I hope not, but
my gut tells me it might.


Karen Thomas, NC




Reply via email to