On 2/13/08, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > I mention the lateralness, because the one Icelandic I know that seems most > likely to buck as a gut reaction is Tivar...and he doesn't have any > lateralness to his gaits at all! He doesn't buck out of joyousness under > saddle (unless Janice has seen differently) but he bucks then to complain > and express his dislike of something. But, when he was here, he DID buck in > the pasture when running and playing, more than many/most Icelandics. I > think there's something physically that makes it easier for Tivar to buck > than most Icelandic's find it. (And he's certainly not "light-bodied"!) > > > Karen Thomas, NC >
I have not seen him buck a lot in pasture tho he does at times. His bucking under saddle with me is non existent but thats cause I listen when he tail wrings :) Nasi bucks in the pasture like crazy but that might be his youthful exhuberance. I think when a horse bucks under saddle, its a lot of effort. they have to swing up in the air with added weight. almost like they want to sling off the thing that bothers them. The only time jaspar offered a buck was cantering over a hill and his back fistula was hurting and I didnt know... Janice -- courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway--John Wayne
