Here's a page from Liz's website where she discusses the "foxrack" and has
pictures.

http://www.lizgraves.com/SchoolofRack.pdf

It's interesting. . . I think I'm still inclined to call it simply a foxtrot
variation because the difference between the two gaits seems so
slight/insignificant (diagonal pick-up versus lateral pick-up, but both
having lateral set-down, same timing, and roughly,same speed.)   Although
Lee said the gait was much harder on the horse and rougher than a foxtrot in
her book, Liz doesn't mention this being the case in her article at all.
Hmmm. . . .So, maybe Lee and Liz weren't entirely together in their opinion
of the "foxrack"???

As a sidenote:   Interestingly enough, Liz puts the "foxrack" after running
walk and before saddle rack on her gaiting scale.   So, it's to the lateral
side of things, not grouped on the diagnonal side of the line. Yet,  the
diagonal pick-up is the only thing that distinguishes it from a saddle rack.
. . . (if I am understanding things correctly!).

Nope -- too confusing.   I'm sticking to the basic six soft-gaits!   : )

-- Renee M. in Michigan



-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.7/1283 - Release Date: 02/16/2008 
2:16 PM

Reply via email to