Hi Wanda,
   My Rocky Mt. pony is diagnosed as Cushings AND IR and Soley is "just" IR.   
Both of them tend to be the proverbial easy-keepers.   Rocky, however, has 
noticeably slimmed down in the last few years.   I think the Cushings is 
overtaking the IR in his symptoms.   He still has the odd fat deposits (head of 
the tail, cresty neck, above his eyes), but not as fat overall.   Interestingly 
enough, so far, he has shed out just fine each Spring.   He is on 2mm of 
Pergoglide 2x a day and judging by the way he runs around kicking up his heels, 
he feels pretty good.   We had a very bad bout of laminitis going on three 
years ago (starting in March actually), so every year, as March approaches, I 
hold my breath.   Both he and Soley have been cut off of the pasture for the 
last two years, only going out in grazing muzzles that essentially keep them 
from grazing at all.

Soley will be 19 this year (Rocky is in his mid-twenties) and I am hoping to 
keep her sound and healthy for many more years.

-- Renee M. in Michigan

Reply via email to