On May 7, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Laree Shulman wrote:

> Today I rode Doppa about twice as long as planned because of a tree
> across a trail and it was a tough ride - almost all up and down steep
> stuff.  When we got home I decided to give her a liniment rinse as a
> preventative measure.  I don't know if she has ever had liniment put
> on her before (never by me) but Whew, Doggie, if I thought she would
> ever offer to do any of the stuff she did once she felt the tingle of
> the liniment, I would never ride her again.  It was quite a show.  I
> shouldn't have worried about over working her - she had lots
> left,apparently.

Next time you might try it as a brace -- linament in water:  much less 
tingly, but still promotes circulation to tired muscles.

Even better, IMO, is arnica lotion (extract of arnica flowers in 
isopropyl alcohol).  I wipe it on the horse's back after a long ride to 
ease the sore muscles (and then have someone do the same for me!).  No 
tingling, but oh so soothing -- and kind of a neat flowerish smell.


Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/
http://www.dslextreme.com/~napha/HighPoint/

Reply via email to