>>> when I had teev ( karen stole him from me)

Well, you started it.  You stole him from me first... ;)


>>> so I put my toe in and pressed my calf and he went into it instaantly. 
>>> we have to speak the language they were taught or teach them new cues.


The cues for lateral work that we use are mostly what Judy (and many people) 
call "aids"...meaning that there's a physiological reaction the action tends 
to produce that is the action you want.  When you figure out what the 
natural "aids" can do, training a horse gets a lot easier - even for klutzes 
like me.  :)  I think what most of us have to fight most is giving 
conflicting cues/aids at the same time.  And since we usually can't see 
ourselves ride, many times we don't even know that we're asking for opposing 
things at the same time.


Karen Thomas, NC

Reply via email to