We need to update DMARC or any other DKIM Policy proposal to seriously consider 3rd party signature Authorization methods.

We have wasted so much time avoiding it. Sure, it may not apply to all, but neither does DMARC and the push to embed a "half-baked" DMARC into our mail network has created a market of kludges and new security problems with the endorsement of the horrible RFC5322.From rewriting and the creation of a super complex, solve nothing, ARC concept.

The DKIM Policy needs additional tags, call it "aim=" if you like, thats publishes and publicly exposes the following ideas:

1) Look, I really mean it, p=reject means NO rewriting. Reject!!

2) Eh, we are flexible, please allow following domains; ietf.org,
   resign our mail. If you see "ATPS=1" that means we support
   3rd party signatures from specific and exclusive domains.

3) Please do not bypass 1 and 2 and perform a RFC5322.From destruction
   and rewrite violating our published policy and the intent of having
   DKIM Policy for exclusive mail operations. However, if you see a
   "rewrite=1" tag, then we don't mind if you rewrite the RFC5322.From
   field IFF the resigner has an exclusive policy.

Simple!

Nothing will satisfy everyone. Not DMARC or even a ATPS or TPA or even the DKIM Conditional Signature draft proposal.

But we need to offer it to the market to see how it will work. It has already been proven that it works. My package does not allow restrictive domains to sign up to mailing lists, not can existing subscribers can post into the list. It becomes an Read-Only list for them. I am not going to Rewrite. I want to sleep at night. But if ATPS or something like is supported, I am extremely confident it will give DMARC an immediate security boost.

I am still around here because I have a strong feeling someone more important than me, Maybe Valimail or some other, maybe even google, will eventually get the "Ah Ha" and say "hmmm, there might be something here, let's explore it. It may not work for all domains, but I see where it can have it place with other domains." If these companies, who have such a high investment and product dependency on DMARC as a business, I have been scratching my head why their Project and/or Product R&D guy is not exploring ATPS which exist today.

Those wishing to explore ATPS, use this wizard and simulator:

https://secure.winserver.com/public/wcDMARC

--
HLS