On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 12:26 AM Scott Kitterman <skl...@kitterman.com>
wrote:

> Is compatibility with DKIM sufficient for  the charter or should there be
> broader language about compatibility with existing email architecture?
> I'm
> inclined to say "Yes", but I'm unsure about wording.

I also assume "Yes".  I'm having a hard time seeing a charter that allows
broad disruption just to solve this problem.

I would even suggest we don't have to say so, but it's probably a good idea
to mention it.

Similarly, at least one of them could lead to normal indirect mail flows
> being
> identified as replay attacks.  Is something specific needed about being
> compatible with existing email deployments more generally (beyond DKIM
> deployment compatibility) needed?  Once agian, I'd say "Yes", but am not
> sure
> how to word it.

I would say this falls under "don't allow for false positives"; I'm not
sure a charter needs to say something about that though.

-MSK