At 13:51 09.04.2000 -0500, Pete Resnick wrote:
>On 4/9/00 at 8:21 PM +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>
>>For those who believe this, please check out the technical merit of
>>draft-terrell-logic-analy-bin-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-05.txt, and ask
>>yourselves if this should be published as an RFC.
>
>It should not. See my message to Vernon. But it's not because it lacks
>technical merit that it shouldn't be published.
>
>>After that little exercise, you will appreciate that technical merit *is*
>>a factor in deciding publication of an Experimental or Informational document.
>
>Not if RFC 2026 is respected. I see nothing in 2026 allowing for this
>possibility.

Section 4.2.3:

    The RFC Editor
    is expected to exercise his or her judgment concerning the editorial
    suitability of a document for publication with Experimental or
    Informational status, and may refuse to publish a document which, in
    the expert opinion of the RFC Editor, is unrelated to Internet
    activity or falls below the technical and/or editorial standard for
    RFCs.

                     Harald

[EMAIL PROTECTED]