On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Peter Deutsch in Mountain View wrote:

> readily accessible. I still see value in having documents come out as "Request
> For Comments" in the traditional sense, but it certainly wouldn't  hurt to find
> ways to better distinguish between the Standards track and other documents.

Here's a novel idea: we could stop calling them all "RFCs". Call them by
the designators they get once they're blessed (ie: STD, INF, EXP, etc.),
and stop ourselves citing them as RFC [0-9]+.

Change begins at home, as they say...

--
   Tripp Lilley  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://stargate.sg505.net/~tlilley/
  "I only counted on today's sunlight and snow,

   - L.E. Modesitt, Jr., Adiamante