Eliot,

On Wed, 2001.02.14, Eliot Lear wrote:

> With all the discussion of Napster and so-called "peer to peer" networking,
> I think NATs are going to become far more visible to users as these
> applications grow in popularity.  Today, you can use something like Gnutella
> if at least one party is not behind a NAT.

With the addressless overlay architecture, you don't need any party to be
outside the firewalls. So the premise is incorrect. I'm keeping relatively
quiet because I'm busy implementing a prototype system myself, and hope to
demo it within this semester (honto ni) :-)

(Please read my soon-to-be-published revised paper, which Carpenter says
is much clearer than my I-D, temporarily housed at
        http://affine.watson.ibm.com/tmp/ - see Annals
- unlike the Triad, this one's been peer-reviewed and published twice,
plus almost all IP protocols would work, not just TCP.)

regards,
prasad.