On Jun 10, 2011, at 11:20 , Keith Moore wrote:

> Declaring 6to4 Historic certainly won't prevent people from implementing it.
> But the proposed action is clearly intended to discourage implementation of
> 6to4.  It says so explicitly.  Of course some vendors will ignore it, but
> some vendors will probably not ignore it.

I would absolutely agree that the document would be improved if this pointless
recommendation were removed.  I expect some perfectly reasonable people will
still oppose it with understandable concerns.  Nevertheless, I do think this
particular recommendation is inconsistent with the consensus in IETF that a
phase-out plan for 6to4 is unwarranted.

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
member of technical staff, core os networking