Well, this is a cultural thing :-) Some of our American colleagues cannot avoid
using examples related to the American constitution, history or academy,
forgetting that out-of-the-US interlocutors may not that familiar with them.
Luckily, they did not mention any baseball rule in this discussions (yet) :-)

Regards,

Dan