On Aug 6, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kap...@oracle.com> wrote:
> If the problem is "we don't know who's speaking", then fix that problem.  In
> WGs I go to, both the WG chairs and the jabber scribes regularly yell "NAME!"
> if someone forgets to say it.  Unlike DNS Ops, this isn't rocket science.

This doesn't work very well.   In one meeting where I was scribing this IETF, I
had to shout NAME at the same person several times, because he didn't state his
name clearly enough for me to be sure I'd gotten it, and so it didn't stick.
I hate doing this—I think it's disruptive, and nobody likes getting yelled at.
 I certainly don't like _having_ to yell.