On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:54:02 AM Devender wrote:
> Dr. Patridge,
>
> Thanks for suggestion. I am not sure if I get completely, I do understand
> the difference of Rmax in artemis and feff. You mean make changes in rmax
> in feff input file? I did that and attached are screenshots for that but I
> am still getting the same error. Let me know if I interpreted your
> suggestion wrongly.
>
> Dr. Kicaj, I am studying doping problems and it's important I get fitting
> from second and subsequent shells as there are new peaks that shows up at
> higher radial distances.
>
> Regards,
> Dev

Dev,

I get the impression from your emails that you have not much availed
yourself of the resources that are already available for learning how
to use the software.

At http://bruceravel.github.com/demeter/ you will find the Artemis
manual.  I'll admit, it's still pretty mediocre, but it's a start.
You will also find some videos that go a long way towards explaining
how the software works.

You may find it useful to spend some time with those things.  I
certainly think some time spent with those resrouces would obviate a
problem like "I am not sure if I ... completely ... understand the
difference of Rmax in artemis and feff."  That, frankly, isn't a very
good question.  While it is certainly true that Artemis suffers from
being a program written by a physicist who has no training in computer
science, user experience engineering, or design, you would have found
the answer to that question even in the fairly crappy Artemis manual.

 Building 535A
 Upton NY, 11973

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel