On Thursday, February 21, 2013 09:05:51 AM Ivan Stijepovic wrote:
> Just a thought and one question regarding "freeze" option in Athena. Would
> it be better to set rmax in Athena to some higher value in the first place,
> e.g. 7, and then use "freeze group" option? The error in Artemis would be
> avoided and one could still use "freeze". Does it sound right?

Hi Ivan,

Your suggestion avoids Dev's immediate problem, but introduces two
more problems.  The best solution is for me to change the behavior of
Artemis so that it turns off the "freeze" flag when data are imported
from an Athena project file.

The problems are (1) this just freezes the rmax value to a different
number.  One still will want to change that value in Artemis.  (2)
Rmax is used to compute Nidp (number if independent points).  Set to
7, Nidp will be computed wrongly, as will all the statistical
parameters.

 Building 535A
 Upton NY, 11973

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel