On 01/01/2013 04:35 PM, Mathew Roy wrote:
Thanks for the help.
But sadly, it simply will not boot from any device, be it pendrive, or
bootable cd. Well. I opened the laptop, and removed HDD and now I can
boot from pendrive.

Do you mean to say that your laptop was not booting from any device other than the hard drive? If that is the case, do you remember hiberating from Windows? Some of the recent BIOSs hide boot device selection in some cases (Like if you did a hibernate from Widnows 7). The boot options should return if you restart your computer without the hard drive and then reconnect it and try again.

I guess the partition table of the HDD became
corrupt. May be I can fix it by connecting the HDD to another computer
using usb adaptor..

Did you try connecting your HDD again and then powering up the system?

Regards,
Kurian

--
"Freedom is the only law". "Freedom Unplugged"