Hi,
   I am not pretty sure I've understood the GPL license, Could some one
clarify some of my doubts :
1. If I create a new software which which is based (has the same code
base with some additions) on a GPL'ed software ( with open source) as a
part of it, so do I need to make my software too GPL'ed / open source ?
Do I have to reveal the source code JUST to the author of the original
software or to the whoel community ? Do I have to give it away for free
?
2. How does the scenario in point one above change if my software has
the GPL'ed software one of the many features my software supports ? (In
this case too the code used is the same as for the GPL'ed software)
3. How does the scenaio in point one above change if only the concept or
the idea is from a GPL'ed software and the implimentation has be coded
from scratch by myself ?

This confusion is cos of a couple of things coming up :
. Tridia recently added a file transfer feature to the tradional VNC
amongst other things and they sell the licence for the pro version.
. Redhat has a load balancing solution that comes with the AS version
which is based on lvs and they charge for it.

Would someone be able to clarify ..

Regards
-js