On Wednesday 20 August 2003 01:53 pm, you wrote:

> Re point 3, I doubt if anyone would sue you for `look-and-feel' if you
> made, e.g., a clone of Konqueror :)

oh! ho!, depends on 1) which jurisdiction 2) how smart your lawyer is for
this one 3) if specific icons and graphic elements, drawn in the original,
with the source files, are released under gpl or any similar copyleft license.
4) how much cloned is clone. that's a tough one. we have precedent of several
cases where 'look and feel' cases have either lost, or won. the losers are
the too much look and too much feel. so the lawyers have to define 'too much'
here....

LL