On 05/27/2011 12:01 PM, Vivek Kapoor wrote:
There's an IMAP feature called IDLE which enables detection of incoming
emails. So, as soon as an email comes, the client is intimated instantly

that works for imap clients that support this sort of functionality.

however, BB do not use imap natively, all email is routed via the BB app server ( which does the content get and content push ). The Push to device is dependant on the signal type being used by the cell provider ( which is why you cant use backberry services, unless activated by the provider ).

That is my understanding on how things worked till about a year or so back, there have been quite a few updates from RIM in the mean time, so its possible they have a generic imap app on there too. But I thought it might be worth investigating.

- KB