Jasmeet S. Virdi wrote:
> Hi all,
> In continuation with my earlier endeavours to administer a linux box
> from a telnet shell, i am facing another problem. I enter the box
> using some user id, then switch to su, i am able to install rpms, but
> am not able to run certain commands like "useradd" "usermod" etc..
> shutdown .. . Any

i think in redhat (unlike mandrake) when yu login as root, it doesn't
take the directories in root's default path (??). what yu can do is,
find out which command yu wish to yu use by

whereis useradd

it'll list the path where useradd is located (/usr/sbin, /sbin etc.),
then run the command by

/usr/sbin/useradd

or use ssh instead of telnet and directly login as root.

vivek
--
                                        \|||/
                                        (o o)