works, thanx !!! ;)

----- Original Message -----
From: "vivek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [ilugd]: "su"

: Jasmeet S. Virdi wrote:
: > Hi all,
: > In continuation with my earlier endeavours to administer a linux box
: > from a telnet shell, i am facing another problem. I enter the box
: > using some user id, then switch to su, i am able to install rpms, but
: > am not able to run certain commands like "useradd" "usermod" etc..
: > shutdown .. . Any
:
: i think in redhat (unlike mandrake) when yu login as root, it doesn't
: take the directories in root's default path (??). what yu can do is,
: find out which command yu wish to yu use by
:
: whereis useradd
:
: it'll list the path where useradd is located (/usr/sbin, /sbin etc.),
: then run the command by
:
: /usr/sbin/useradd
:
: or use ssh instead of telnet and directly login as root.
:
: vivek
: --
:                                         \|||/
:                                         (o o)
:  --------------------------------ooO-----(_)-Ooo-
: | vivek                | GPG Key:                |
: | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    | http://exain.net/vike   |
: |------------------------------------------------|
: | Registered Linux User: #305493                 |
:  ------------------------------------------------
:                                        (  _  )
:                                       _| | | |_
:                                      (___| |___)
:
:
: > pointers as to wot am i doing wrong and how can i make it work !!
: >
: > thanx
: > -jasmeet
: >
: > To unsubscribe, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with unsubscribe in
subject header. Check archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd%40wpaa.org
: >
: >